If like us you agree that no holiday in Cornwall would be complete without all the pack, then you will love our selection of dog-friendly rooms at Merchant House Hotel.
Ideally located amongst the cobbled tangle of Truro’s streets, Merchant House Hotel is a welcome retreat for all – and that includes your four-legged friend. Welcoming all dogs big and small, we have put together a fully tail-ored package so your pup can feel at home. And we haven’t even mentioned the great access to all manner of beautiful walkies yet either…
As soon as you and your four-pawed pal pad through the grand Victorian entrance of Merchant House Hotel, you will be warmly greeted by our friendly team of staff. With plenty of complimentary perks for owners, pups will also enjoy a wide range of dog-friendly amenities and facilities too, including:
- A doggy welcome pack upon arrival, with top-tips on local dog-friendly attractions, a Cornish pasty-shaped treat and some pooh bags (just in case!)
- A well-topped doggy biscuit jar at reception
- An additional dog-friendly breakfast room
- A dog-friendly lounge, complete with crackling wood burner in winter
- Dog bowls and treats for your room upon request
- A specially designed, outdoor heated doggy shower with a raised platform (the only one like it in Cornwall!)
- Dog-friendly shampoo and fluffy towels
- Free, do-it-yourself laundry facilities to wash paw-splattered walking gear
Our Dog-Friendly Rooms
Amongst our collection of bedrooms, we have a number of specially allocated dog-friendly rooms. Popular amongst walkers, adventurers and outdoor-enthusiasts looking to explore Cornwall’s unrivalled natural beauty with their best friend by their side, our dog-friendly accommodation provides the perfect retreat.
If you would like to secure yourself a room, please call our hotel reception team on 01872 272 450. We only have a limited number of these bedrooms available, and a £10 per dog, per night charge is applied.
Important members of the pack, we do not allow dogs to be left unattended in the bedrooms or in cars at any time. Fortunately, Cornwall has miles of dog-friendly beaches and footpaths to explore and Truro boasts a wealth of fantastic dog-friendly pubs, restaurants and eateries, so sticking together should be easy. That said, just in case your favourite attraction doesn’t allow dogs, you can always check out one of the local dog-sitting and day care companies who will look after your furry friend for a while.
If you would like to book yourself a taxi and head off somewhere with your pup, we recommend you use a2b taxis – a local, dog-friendly service.