Welcome to Merchant House Hotel, a home-from-home in the heart of Truro.
Originally a grand Victorian home with its high ceilings and big bay windows, Merchant House Hotel has been lovingly transformed into a welcoming retreat for business folk, loved-up duos and adventurers alike. Still retaining many of its period features, including a beautiful stained-glass window and ornate details in the breakfast and lounge rooms, it has been expanded and grown to accommodate over 30 bedrooms.
Manned by a friendly team of staff, at Merchant House Hotel our ethos is all about making guests feel welcome. Maintaining high levels of cleanliness and constantly improving facilities, we pride ourselves on keeping the hotel looking and feeling tiptop whilst exuding infectiously laidback vibes. In essence, this is somewhere you can really feel at home.
When You Arrive
As soon as you arrive, you will be warmly greeted and invited to relax with some complimentary treats and a hot drink (there is water and biscuits for four-legged guests, too!). Once you’ve dropped off your bags in your room, you can simply let the flow of adventure sweep you along, discovering and rediscovering what makes Cornwall so special.
If you’ve got any questions about your stay or where to visit, we’ll be all too happy to share some local top-tips with you about the best attractions nearby and unmissable activities, as well as where to go for the tastiest food and drink.
Encouraging you to relax as soon as you cross the threshold, we offer plenty of useful facilities and amenities to make your stay as hassle-free and enjoyable as possible. These include:
- Complimentary treats and tea/coffee on arrival
- A free Continental breakfast buffet
- A touch-free coffee machine, free to use
- Free on-site car parking
- Free, fast Wi-Fi to update your loved ones at home
- Free wake-up calls for business meetings
- Free, do-it-yourself laundry facilities, with a washing machine and dryer
- A drying room for wet kit and equipment
- A microwave, fridge and freezer (available to use until 10pm)
- Snacks and drinks available from reception until 10pm
- Copying and printing facilities (charges may apply)
- A cosy lounge in which to relax or indulge in a delicious takeaway
- Bike and bag storage
For the Love of Dogs
Dog-lovers through and through, we think that everyone should have the chance to relish a holiday in Cornwall, and that includes your loyal canine chum! Making sure that everyone gets the pawfect break, we have a selection of dog-friendly rooms and facilities available. Treat your pup like royalty with:
- A dog-friendly bedroom with en-suite
- A dog-friendly welcome pack upon arrival, complete with pasty-shaped biscuit, doggy guidelines and pooh bags
- A heated outdoor doggy shower with raised platform
- Doggy shampoo and fluffy towels
- A semi-enclosed dog-friendly area for your pup to stretch their legs
If you would like to find out more about what we offer and how to book, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01872 272 450 or email [email protected]. We are a friendly bunch and are always happy to have a chat!
Want a Guided Tour Experience of Cornwall you won’t forget? Then contact our friend Louise!
Offering private guided day tours, incorporating beauty spots, history, culture, and Cornish hospitality.
Click here to visit their website for more information including contact details.
Should you wish to book a taxi to get to us, we recommend getting in touch with a2b Taxis.